Greater Springfield is really a city where you can live, learn, work, and play. Whether you enjoy fine dining, coffee with friends or a quite drink at the local micro brewery, locations like Ballistic Beer Springfield have your love of food and drink well catered for.
Need to keep in shape so you can light Insta on fire? There are more recreational activities than you can poke a 'like' at - golf, tennis, canoeing at the lakes, swimming lagoon, bushwalking at Spring Mountain and bike riding.
Things to do
- Springfield Markets – Held on the first Sunday of the month at Robelle Parklands the markets have a relaxed atmosphere and feature over 20 food vendors and more than 60 arts and crafts stalls
- Orion Lagoon – Cool of with a swim or BBQ with friends in the free public park/lagoon
- Lotus Café – Never miss breakfast again with Lotus' all day breakfast menu. Lotus is known for their acai bowls and vegan/vegetarian options.
- Springfield Garden Restaurant – Serves up authentic Chinese and Malaysian flavours at an affordable price - check out their specials board to save $$$
- Ballistic Beer Springfield will quench your thirst for a good, locally brewed drop
Location & Transport
Springfield is located about 30km south west of Brisbane with direct routes between the two cities via highway or the Springfield Train Line. The train allows commuters to travel to Brisbane Central Station in just 41 minutes and onto the Gold Coast, Brisbane domestic and international airports with ease.
Springfield Central Station is connected via road and pedestrian walkways to Orion Springfield Central, Robelle Domain Parklands and Orion Lagoon, Education City, Health City and Park Avenue Apartments. TRANSLink buses also operate around the Springfield area on numerous routes at regular frequencies, making travel safe and convenient.
- Train to and from Brisbane
- Plenty of buses for getting around Springfield if you’re vehicularly challenged
- Enough walking and bike tracks to make a fitness blogger blush