If you fancy anything eclectic, vintage or retro, the businesses around this part of town will cater to your tastes just perfectly. Given Terrace is home to many of Brisbane’s oldest venues, where they were serving cold ones’ well before our mums met our dads. Queensland’s most Iconic Brewery – home of the Milton Mango – XXXX Brewery is situated along Milton road right next to Suncorp Stadium and the almighty Brisbane Bronco’s. Despite being an affluent suburb, the nightlife and food options are extremely student friendly, so you won’t have to break the bank for a “Schooey & Schnittey”.
Things to do
- The Normanby Hotel is great for a quiet Sunday session and live music
- The Sit Down Comedy Club at “the Paddo” operates several nights a week.
- Caxton Street – whenever there is a game on, the entirety of Paddington lights up from Petri Tce to Latrobe Tce.
- If you fancy independent film (or maybe just a more exclusive experience) Rosalie and the Blue Room Cinema provide a quiet and quality service only a few minutes down the road.
Location & Transport
- Extremely close to the city Centre, a few minutes by Bus or Train.
- Milton Train station is only a short walk away, with trains to Toowong for St Lucia UQ and Central for Gardens Point QUT.
- Direct routes to UQ and Both QUT Campuses on the bus.