The Local area has everything a student could want or need; including great cafés (even a few late night ones) to help with those long study sessions, parks and walking tracks. If you want some of those hard to find ingredients, the local Asian specialty grocer or Italian Delicatessen will help you recreate that family recipe! Kelvin Grove Urban Village is where you’ll do most of your shopping, but there are also plenty of *FREE* things to do each week - perfect for any student’s budget.
Things to do
- Mean Beanz Espresso – Famous for their chicken Toastie!
- The boys house of Coffee – Best coffee in KG, with cool staff and a friendly atmosphere, you might need to wait in line at this popular coffee spot.
- Danny Boys – Forget Subway, this KG institution bakes real bread onsite and uses real ingredients for the best Subs, Sandwiches & Soups you’ll find in Australia
- Coco Cozy Café – Quiet and relaxing, a great place to sit down with a book. Saturday Morning Markets on Musk Avenue with loads of stalls for clothing, music, food, drink and artisanal produce
- McCaskie Park will soon have Brisbane’s first outdoor cinema and the park is beautifully lit up most nights of the year with stunning light displays throughout the mature Jacaranda trees – great for a late night stroll.
Location & Transport
Kelvin grove is connected to the Brisbane Bus Expressway, with direct routes buses taking you all over Brisbane departing every few minutes. No need to change buses as the expressway connects you direct to places like Westfield Chermside (Queensland’s largest Shopping Centre) and The Myer Centre in Brisbane CBD. The city centre is large and sprawling, with plenty of food, entertainment and job opportunities - so it may be time to get that resume updated. Additionally, the Gardens Point shuttle bus drops you off right next to the world class Botanical Gardens.
- 14 Minutes to the Airport.
- Plenty of Public transport if you’re vehicularly challenged.
- Free Shuttle Buses run between the Kelvin Grove and Gardens Point campus each day. Departing from Musk Avenue