Herston is somewhat of an unsung hero as far as inner city Brisbane suburbs go. It’s central, filled with life, culture and a range of great food options. Herston has all of the benefits of Kelvin Grove, but with the added benefit of being closer to trains and an overall quiet, safe feel to the suburb.
Things to do
- Victoria Park Golf Course - 18 holes, put-put and a driving range, it’s a great way to spend a day or an evening, with the clubhouse open late for delicious meals or casual drinks after a hit.
- An abundance of walking and cycling tracks with many natural, green spaces.
- A short walk to Downey, Spencer and Finsbury Park & Wetlands.
- Ballymore Stadium, Home of Queensland Rugby Union
- Newmarket Hotel - for a quiet beer/wine, meal or a standup comedy show that will have you in stitches
- Newmarket Cinemas – offering eight screens of entertainment and the latest movies.
- Pop into the neighbouring suburb of Windsor on Sunday morning and visit the organic farmers market.
Location & Transport
Convenient Access to buses with direct routes inbound to the City and outbound to the recently reinvigorated Shopping Village - Queensland’s largest shopping complex. Herston enjoys multiple expressways purpose built for public transport, perfect for skipping peak hour traffic.
- Easy access to multiple bus routes that pass through the suburb, and only a few stops to central and Gardens Point.
- 10 minutes to the City by bus.
- 15 Minutes’ drive to Brisbane International and Domestic Airports.
- A short walk to the Free Shuttle bus services at Kelvin Grove that operate between QUT Campuses.