Auchenflower may best be described by what it’s close to, which is everything. The suburb is sandwiched right in the middle of the CBD and Toowong, with a stadium, a brewery, parklands, nightlife and café districts, you know – normal stuff, a thong’s throw away. You could spin around three times and walk in any random direction and immediately find something great to do. While Hive doesn’t condone this behavior, we were students once too, and understand how something like this could reasonably happen.
Things to do
- Caxton Street and Suncorp Stadium during Rugby and Soccer Seasons.
- Stand Up Comedy at the Paddo Tavern.
- If you fancy independent film (or maybe just a more exclusive experience) Rosalie and the Blue Room Cinema provide a quiet and quality service only a few minutes down the road.
- The Regatta Hotel & R.E. – both great student venues for mid-week social activities. Check out the R.E’s legendary Toga Parties.
- The River views on the Bicentennial bike-way never get old, and offer a cool breeze for a morning run on even the hottest Queensland summer days.
Location & Transport
- 2.5 km from the CBD, with multiple public transport options to Gardens Point.
- Two stops to the City Centre by Train and only one stop to Toowong for UQ St Lucia.
- Numerous Bus routes operate to the western suburbs and to the city Centre
- The Bicentennial Bikeway & Walkway connects Auchenflower to the City and St Lucia. This dedicated track means you can walk or cycle to Uni without having cars or traffic anywhere near you.
- City Cat Departures from the Regatta.
- The Brisbane Domestic and International Airport is only 30 minutes by Airtrain.
- Despite being an inner city suburb, there is plenty of parking throughout the area, and resident parking permits can be applied for through council, so you can avoid those shorter parking limits on some streets.